Cambodia is a fascinating country and we hope the following gives you a little more insight in to a destination you should definitely have on your career break wish list.
1. The official religion of Cambodia is Theravada Buddhism which is practiced by around 95 % of the Cambodian population.
2. The English word Cambodia has been derived from the French word Cambodge.
3. Birthday’s are not traditionally celebrated in Cambodia and it is not unusual for older people not to know how old they are!
4. Half of Cambodia’s current population is under 15 years old.
5. Tarantula kebabs are a popular delicacy in Cambodia and are often sold among a range of fried insects my street sellers. Delicious!
6. In the Khmer language, rice and food mean the same.
7. In the North east of Cambodia Dolphins can be found in rivers!
8. Traditional boat racing, buffalo racing, Khmer traditional wrestling and Bokator are the national sports of Cambodia.
9. To greet each other in Cambodia people place both their palms together in front of each other and then bow. This is called Sompeah and is usually initiated by the younger or lower rank of the two meeting.
Tags:Cambodia, Interesting Travel Ideas, Travel Ideas, Visit Angkor Wat, Visit Cambodia
10. The Cambodian flag is the only one in the world to have an image of a building (Angkor Wat).